Re: Amplifone Question

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 02:15:34 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/99 1:11:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jess@magenta.com
writes:

<< My Wintron replacement shorted after running about a year. That was just
 normal operation, not 'on' for a continuous year. I did not have a fan
 on it tho and it did run very hot so I probably was asking for trouble.
 But it did indeed fail. Strangely enough, the BU406D is still good (I
 think). It isn't shorted at least. I need to swap out the MCU just in
 case but I think that could be the only other component that would be
 bad.

Jess, don't you mean the MCI? This can cause your HV to quit, but I've never
heard of a faulty MCI that didn't kill the BU406D.
Jon's Penn Trans is only the second Penn one I've ever heard of being bad.
Jon, you might want to get on John's Jukes website, and order that handy
LOPT. See how your Penn TRans is ringing. Jess has been kind enough to put
the Amplifone faq on the gamearrchive, it should tell you everything.....

MK