Re: Test Bench Plans Needed

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 13:07:16 EDT

I found a switching power supply that had all the voltages required for an atari vector
setup. It was manufactured by PAL and used in Konami games around 1983. I know that it is
in Gyruss games and Hyper Sports games.
  the supplies on it are...
     +5V 7A
     -5V 1A
     +12 1A
     +15V 700ma
     -15V 1A

While atari boards ask for +/-22V, putting +/-15V works just fine. The voltage regulators
drop the +/-15V down to about 13.5V but that only limits your X/Y Sizes a very small bit,
it doesn't seem to effect any other adjustment.
  This is just a really convienient PS to use, Im sure that you can find other supplies
from surplus dealers that have these voltages and possibly even more tho.
  Also, Trivia Wiz games (those little orange bartop trivia games) are extremely cheap to
buy used and have nice Wells-Gardner 13" raster monitors in them. Plus, the PCB for the
actual game is completely socketed and has a nice variety of IC's. :-)