RE: web wars

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 13:17:51 EDT

> PS Anymore news on the Cinematronics multi-sound board???

On the G-80 Multigame Sound board you mean? ;-)

I've basically convinced myself that it's no problem to do the hardware.
Zonn has volunteered the interface information and samples for the
Cinematronics stuff (I'm still writing the reply to your e-mail, Zonn!).
I've gathered all the docs and stuff. Just need to spend some $$$ and
pick-up the Scenix stuff. Have to build a SmartMedia interface for
programming too...

I'll probably do all the initial hardware development with the Sega
Multigame in mind though-- I control the hardware on that one and understand
it well. When the Cinematronics Multigame is ready we can work together to
make the board compatible there.

This thing won't be cheap (depending on the final size of the samples the
SmartMedia cards will probably run ~$40-ish by themselves). I'd be
expecting a $75-$100 solution including a 32Mbyte card. Suppose I could
make lower-fidelity samples and have a 8 or 16Mbyte card version for less
$$$...

I don't have an ETA for the design. I've got a lot of stuff in process at
the moment. (and still clearing the backlog on the Tempest Multigames)

Speaking of which, I suspect that people should be getting their Tempest
Multigames anytime now? I'm curious to have a couple of you install them
and give me feedback on the instructions and if you have any problems.
Might as well try to fix any issues before I ship too many...

Thanks,
-Clay