RE: Tempest Multigame (holding pattern)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 14:09:37 EDT

> I bought 20 boards from Adam Judd a few weeks ago. I'll go through the
> pile
> and see what rev numbers there are.
>
> Did they all use the same type of EPROMs? (TI vs the world)

All the ones I've seen have been TI... I'm a little mystified about what
Doug's seeing so I'm going to switch to paranoid-mode until it's figured
out. The multigame setup is pretty straight-forward from a hardware
perspective and in particular Doug's primary board runs everything BUT
Vortex and Aliens. Makes me a little nervous to say the least. Maybe
there's some hardware difference I missed (or maybe there was a mod I did to
my board that I forgot about that I'll need to document!).

There's a good dozen or so of the kits shipped, so I'm hoping to have a
pretty good idea in the next week or two if I have more work to do or if
Doug's boards are just special...

If no-one else has problems I'll just ship the rest and deal with any
surprises as they pop up. If anyone else has problems like Doug's seeing
I'll try to find the root cause and come up with a work-around.

-Clay