Re: Tempest Multigame (holding pattern)

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 14:32:44 EDT

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:09:37 -0700, you wrote:

>> I bought 20 boards from Adam Judd a few weeks ago. I'll go through the
>> pile
>> and see what rev numbers there are.
>>
>> Did they all use the same type of EPROMs? (TI vs the world)
>>
>All the ones I've seen have been TI... I'm a little mystified about what
>Doug's seeing so I'm going to switch to paranoid-mode until it's figured
>out. The multigame setup is pretty straight-forward from a hardware
>perspective and in particular Doug's primary board runs everything BUT
>Vortex and Aliens. Makes me a little nervous to say the least. Maybe
>there's some hardware difference I missed (or maybe there was a mod I did to
>my board that I forgot about that I'll need to document!).
>
>There's a good dozen or so of the kits shipped, so I'm hoping to have a
>pretty good idea in the next week or two if I have more work to do or if
>Doug's boards are just special...
>
>If no-one else has problems I'll just ship the rest and deal with any
>surprises as they pop up. If anyone else has problems like Doug's seeing
>I'll try to find the root cause and come up with a work-around.

While reverse engineering the Mathbox for Retrocade, I have a *very*
vague memory of someone emailing me about more than one version of the
Mathbox proms. Like something was added for Tempest from the Red
Baron version (or vica-versa). I'm pretty sure there are some mathbox
routines that are never called by Tempest. Maybe they need to be
there for Vortex / Aliens?

But I could easily be confused. Neil would be the person to ask, know
anything about this Neil?

-Zonn