RE: Tempest Multigame (found it!)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 16:55:39 EDT

> > So, I don't know *which* switch is pissing off
> > Vortex/Aliens, but the following seems to make them happy:
> >
> > (1 = "ON", 0= "OFF")
> >
> > N13: 10011111
> > L12: 11110111
> > K10/11: 0000
>
> FYI, here are the settings that were screwing me up :)
>
> Main K10/11: 1234 L12 12345678 N13: 12345678
> 0001 01110111 11111101

Soooo... Looks like it could be:

       1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N13: ? ? ?
L12: ?
K10: ?

Mmmmmmmmm. I wonder if Vortex/Aliens freak out over Free-play? I know I
tested that on Breakout, but I can't swear I tested it on Vortex/Aliens.
(Of course Aliens *is* free-play 'cause it's hardcoded to always have
credits.)

Well, seems like in 32 tests or less I should be able to narrow down all the
possibilities. More likely than not it'll just be one particular switch
too...

> Maybe it serves me right for spending all my time practicing on easy
> settings (on the math box) with 5 men and bonuses every 10000 (L12) and on
> free play (N13) so I could jump back in with my next game without having
> to coin up :-)
>
> Anyone remember what the switch at K10/11 was for? (Some sort of coin
> door settings maybe? It's not mentioned on Wiretap's version...)

I think two of them arre unused and the other two control the coin counters?

-Clay