Major Havoc Roller Controler

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 14:46:15 EDT

It took a bit over a year, but I finally turned the Hummer into a Major
Havoc dedicated. (And a new roof, and a car, and paid taxes .. .)

The only thing that really needs a little TLC on it is the roller controller.
The roller itself has some nicks, which I can live with. But it does tend to
'miss' if you spin it hard, even after a good cleaning and lubricating.

Bearings look new, but the shafts are a bit worn. However, it is seems to be
missing what the manual calls a 'drive stud'. Looks like it touches the
center of the roller.

Does the stud make a big difference in performance ?

Ideally I would like to find a replacement sent of shafts and a stud. I
suspect the stud may be hard to find, so if nothing else, maybe someone can
tell me the size of this stud and what it's actually doing, maybe
I can fashion a replacement.

(Oh -- and Bob Roberts does NOT have the shafts. :-)

Boy do I love this game though. Mame and keyboard or mouse doesn't do it
justice. Even slipping, the controller makes the game more -- precise.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/