Re: Major Havoc Roller Controller (Shafts)

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 13:41:41 EDT

Christopher X. Candreva" wrote:

> House projects always take longer. I'm just glad I finally got my gameroom
> finished.

He he, that is the summer project :-)

> > - More warp codes
>
> Are the warp codes given out in the game itself at all, or did they expect
> people to figure them out by trial and error ?

They are shown in the Tac-Scan on the level past the level that warp code takes you too..

Example.. Warp 23 takes you to level 4. It is shown when you get to level 5's tac-scan.

> > - speech will be available if you want to stuff the parts required. The
>
> This will be cool. Is it digitized speach as in the Sega's, or synthesized,
> like Gorf ?

It is digitized. I have a software program that will convert .wav files into
TMS5220 LPC code that I contracted a company to write for me (it is above my head).
It works but unfortunately the 5220 works better with different types of voices and
equalization so I have to mess around with it. I have all the ROM code working so
that the game actually speaks now but it is just a bad sample of me saying "hello"
when you start the game. ;-)