G05: no heater glow?!?

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 08:33:06 EDT

Uh oh. I just finished rebuilding my G05 (after blowing multiple fuses on
incorrectly crossed 3716/3752 Xistors that were hard-mounted to the chassis
with no mica!). I hear the chatter, I see no LED, all is good... no, wait, I
see no picture. Man, is this what you dudes were talking about on the
cocktails where crap would accumulate at the bottom of the tube and fry the
heater grids? I get a Meg or so resistance on the heater pins and obviously no
"heat", no glow, no go... bummer.

Ace