Re: scary power op amp

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 00:28:45 EDT

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:03:22 -0700, you wrote:

>> I know Clay has mentioned these before. They've come out with a higher
>> power version.

>> http://www.theriver.com/apexmicrotech/pdf/power_op_amps/pa13.pdf

>Oooooh. Cool. One of these guys with one of those snazzy F16 deflection
>yokes (hey, anything that's enclossed in a milled aluminum case can't be bad
>:-) and we could have the Bentley of vector monitors. Any idea what Apex
>wants for one? Probably ~$200?

        If their performance is anything like the Apex DC-DC converters we've
been testing in the lab at work these last couple of weeks, then whatever
the price is, it's a hell of a lot more than they're worth.
"An Academic speculated whether a bather is beautiful if there is none
 in the forest to admire her. He hid in the bushes to find out, which
 vitiated his premise but made him happy.
 Moral: Empiricism is more fun than speculation." -- Sam Weber
solarfox@DON'TMESSWITHtexas.net (Gary Akins jr.)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~solarfox