Re: Weird G05 Problem, Please Help

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 00:25:22 EDT

I haven't paid a lot of attention to this thread, but I don't think I saw
any mention of looking for cracked solder traces on the connection pins on
the monitor mother board. This is VERY common and will lead to all sorts of
weirdness...I recommend that whenever you take a single sided circuit board
out of a game, that you resolder any pin connectors that are on the board,
also check any capacitors for cracked/loose sold connections. I was
checking out my new (old) DATA I/O 29B and after storing all the
(P)ROMware, thought I'd do a little checking out in the power supply. Low
and behold, the center filter cap was a tad loose, and it actually had a
lead that had pulled out of the solder hole, and was thus a bit loose. This
was in a feed through hole and a well made board, but there still was ample
room for intermittent connections...
(sorry about the ramble)

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com