EPROM Question

From: Chris Loggans <chris.loggans_at_deltasolutions.com>
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 11:32:55 EDT

I have a question about the use of CMOS EPROM's (27Cxxx series) in place of
regular EPROM's (27xxx series). Can you safely replace a non-CMOS EPROM
with a CMOS type? Is there a general rule? I was reading a number of the
spec sheets for modern CMOS EPROM's and most of them say they handle both
CMOS and TTL level inputs and outputs, but I don't know if this was always
the case or even generally the case. Can someone say for sure?

Thanks,
-Chris