Re: Weird G05 Problem, Please Help

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 00:31:39 EDT

Hi Jon!

Check the voltages on the game board at the test points. It might be bad
edge connections (Atari is notorious for that problem) on the card edge
connection. If you put it in self test do you get any "beeps" and if so how
many? Do you have the manual? (spies.com) and follow the self test section.
I would unplug the monitor until you get proper game sounds again, as the
monitor might get an illegal vector and blow an output.

John :-#)#

At 08:33 AM 7/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I was able to get the monitor up this weekend.. Since I'm not the
>most electrically inclined, I don't know exactly what all of my (monitor)
>problems were. I think it comes down to faulty new parts. At some point,
>the two Y chasis transistors failed (one of them shorted causing the
>frying R613 and R618). Also, as it turns out, 2 of my TIS 98 transistors
>that I bought from Bob Roberts were leaking some (installed at Q602 and
>Q603). The result was that there was 17vdc added to the Y input, which
>meant 35v was going through the fuse F600, instead of the 17v at F700.

***
I would tell Bob about this, he might have bad stock. Give him any
identifying marks on the transistors, if there is a date code(unlikely) so
much the better.

  http://www.flippers.com