RE: How much lighter is a striped cabinet ?

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 15:42:31 EDT

> ----------
> From: Christopher X. Candreva[SMTP:chris@westnet.com]
>
> One is a non working (just the gas pedal it looks like) Pole Position.
> Trick is, it's on the third floor of a house. A very big, expensive house.
> Luckily it has wide stairs.
>
> If I strip out the cab, does that significantly change the weight, such
> that
> a few guys could carry it down stairs ? I'm figuring the monitor and
> power
> supply are a significant part of the weight.
>
> They want me to use a moving company, but the ones I've called want $230
> do it.

Your best bet would be to get two VERY strong guys to lift it up and
carry it down. PP is quite heavy and removing those parts won't help
a lot. Alternately, you could get 4 average guys to lift it but they'd
have to practically march in perfect step to get it out without swaying,
then one guy loses it, etc. Try to get a couple guys from a moving
company to stop by on their off hours. Give them $30 each.

Brendan Keith
brendan.keith@wilcom.com