Re: How much lighter is a striped cabinet ?

From: James G Watt <jim_at_kinetic-arts.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 15:33:58 EDT

In article <199907291728.MAA13754@crecendo.cig.mot.com>, Mark Jenison
<jenison@cig.mot.com> writes
>Pulling the monitor will only save you say 50lbs out of 250lbs-300lbs

When 2 of us moved my marblemadness (327 lbs according to the manual) up
the stairs I removed the monitor, glass front, marquee glass, and the
front and back access panels (heavy chipboard). I think every ounce you
can strip off the thing is a help and removing the monitor and access
panels also gives you more handholds. It's not just that these things
weigh so much it's also that they are hard to get a good grip off.

Going down stairs is probably worse than going up though so I'd also get
as many guys as I could.

> I was going to use a handtruck
:-) If you do be sure to have someone video the exercise. The results
could be funnier than Loral and Hardy in 'The Music Box'.

--
James G Watt
http://www.kinetic-arts.demon.co.uk