Re: How much lighter is a striped cabinet ?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 23:58:10 EDT

I don't think that a funnier move is possible than that Laurel and Hardy
classic.
And it certainly is worth removing as much weight as possible, include the
power supply on the bottom of the cabinet with the monitor and you will
find the game MUCH easier to handle. 50 to 75 lbs makes a LOT of
difference, just try picking up a 110 lb girl or a 185 lb girl and see how
far you can carry her...(for the gals make it a 160 lb guy or a 215 lb
guy). I suspect you will notice a difference!
When we move some of the very nasty 50's jukeboxes (Seeburg V200) (400lbs)
we will often remove the mechanism, amplifier/power supply and the
selection drum. This takes about 150 lbs out and means the difference
between an easy move and a dangerous one.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com