RE: Stay on Target - A Cinematroncs question

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 16:14:36 EDT

> When I subscribed to the vector list I thought there would
> be lots of meaty discussion on Vector related subjects. Instead I
> read items that should be posted on RGVAC/M. So, let me
> "try" to get this group back "on target". (OK, my ranting is over).

Without trying to pick on Simon...

The vector systems and titles are significantly better understood and
documented now then they were a few years ago. Most all games are fully
emulated and supported by scanned schematics and even some FAQs (largely
thanks to Spies, GameArchive, etc.). There's a lot less "day to day"
discovery to report compared to the "old days" so I think the slightly wider
subject matter is a natural side-effect.

By and large I feel the list stays pretty well on topic. We have the
occasional excursion into CPUs and C code, video game oddities, and banter
back and forth over something amusing or curious-- but that's part of the
appeal of the list, IMHO. It has kind-of a "friendly feel" of people with
similar interests kicking topics around. If it served beer it could be a
VectorPub. :-)

#endrant

-Clay

(Chalk up another mark by my name for non-vector posts to vector list. I'll
be quiet for the rest of the day as penance.)