Stay on Target - A Cinematroncs question

From: Simon Whittam <shag_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 13:46:49 EDT

When I subscribed to the vector list I thought there would
be lots of meaty discussion on Vector related subjects. Instead I
read items that should be posted on RGVAC/M. So, let me
"try" to get this group back "on target". (OK, my ranting is over).

I have a Cinematronics AA and recently installed a Ripoff boardset inside
as well. Both games use the same "looking" CPU board - with #
AW1xxxxxx.

I also bought some other CPUs that are similar "looking" but
have a # 4027 or similar # on them ...?

Cine docs are not too definative on which boards are used where.
Are there differences? How, by just looking can you tell a StarCastle
from a Ripoff, from an AA etc? Does it come down to reading the ROMS?

Anyone got a list?
AA uses: CPU number, rom type etc
RO uses: ?
SC uses: ?

Lastly the AA sound board and RO sound board are different. Do
AA/RO and SC use completely different sound cards?

SPW
Kanata, On
CANADA