Re: How much lighter is a striped cabinet ?

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_xmission.com>
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 04:30:13 EDT

[...sliding games down stairs...]

> I don't doubt it. This is the way I got all my games (when
> I had games) into the basement (when I had a basement)
> of my house (when I had a house). Except I didn't use
> the cardboard (messed the steps up a little).
>
> I never said it didn't get exciting! But I didn't have help
> and this was the only way I was going to get it done.

"oh my" -- I've gotten all my games into my basement the same
way. (and with no help).. I leave the cordless phone at the
bottom so that if I mash myself and I actually do regain
consciousness I can call for help.. :)

At the top of the stairs I start pulling the game towards me
right up to the "balance point".. The only game that made
me really nervous was starwars -- I wimped out and emptied
the cabinet out.. (!!! VECTOR CONTENT !!!)

To date only one game has gotten away from me. The System 1
cabinets (marble madness in my case) have that nice little
"jog" on the back.. It kept catching on the stairs and was
nice. Right until it didn't. I did manage to get out of its
away though. That meant getting to the bottom of the stairs
first.. Good jump backwards with hands on the cabinet..
And yes, the cabinet survived with no damage.. (as did I)..

It should be noted that this is dangerous and shouldn't be
done by sane individuals.. I have noticed that MOST cabinets
are happy to mostly stop at each step, giving the miniscule
amount of time to stay in front of them..

And at the top of the stairs I put a tarp under the game
to protect the floor AND to reduce friction..

Kurt