Re: Different GO5's ?

From: David Turner <david_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 16:51:03 EDT

I believe there is a big difference in size when you scan them into
Photoshop (possibly other packages) and save as a .pdf than if you
"distill" them using Adobe's utilitiesand create a .pdf file. The
difference that I know about between the two files is that the Photoshop
file you can edit (thus much larger) and the "distilled" .pdf you can't
edit so the file is MUCH smaller.

I'm no expert, but I think I remember this happening to me when I was
trying to scan a manual once. Of course, you can also save it as a .jpg
(or TIFF as Al pointed out) and the size would probably be much smaller
also.

My uneducated guess... :-)
-SuperDave