B/W xy monitor problems TECH HELP

From: Lunar Lander <atarilunarlander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 23:22:36 EDT

hi everyone, thanks for helping me out with the my previous
problem with my LL now i have another one.

the monitor while i was playing it this evening got really
bright in the lower left hand corner of the screen and
then went blank, almost like a bright fireball. after that
everything seem scrunched up, lettering, playing field
is in the lower left hand corner of the screen only
utilizing about 2/3 of the monitor, about all you can
make out is the lunar terrain below everything else
including the lunar lander is very distorted (undreadable),
everything else works on the game, lights, sound, etc...
monitor is the culprate this time around. where do i
start looking, HV Power supply,Deflection Boards, PCB
regulator etc.. sorry for the stupid questions, but im
a newbie to all of this. and what are these " Get Well"
kits that i see for sale to refurbish your monitor in the
10 to 20.00 range?

thanks
-Corey