RE: New BZ Bellow Work Great

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 14:32:57 EDT

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, jeff hendrix wrote:

> My red baron has a step.

I'm just going by the flyer pictures on gamarchive, which dont' show a step.
But . . .

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> Big difference though-- BZ gives you two big handles to reef on, and a
> compelling reason to pull back on both hard (the cruise missiles).

There's your problem -- drive INTO the missiles. You have less time
to aim, but the missles have less time to serpentine around you. Pulling
back is certain death. Apparently without the step -- litteraly. :-)

I actually had one BZ game, when I first discovered this trick, where the
missles kept scooting around me, off the back of the screen, and came around
for another pass. I've had a hard time duplicating it, but I think you have
to start driving at them almost immediately.

True though, you can probably yank on the BZ handles more than the analog RB
stick.

> One of my hardware engineers (who isn't a particularly big guy) just about
> got himself mashed playing on my machine-- got a little too "into" the game

Hmm -- perhaps making a new step isn't a bad idea . . .
:-)

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/