V-Breakout (was RE: Aztarac emulated)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 13:00:14 EDT

Yes, that would actually work. It uses a stock Tempest VROM (I download all
my new graphics from the program area into VRAM), and the code lives in the
same memory map as Tempest. I have a custom version of MAME that I use for
development which (among other things) uses a single 64K ROM image, but it
would be possible to chunk the image into separate Tempest ROMs, name them
the same as Tempest ROM images from MAME, and just run it. MAME will bitch
that it doesn't think the ROM checksums are right, but it should work...

-Clay

(While I've got you Chris, I built your and ChrisM's Sega Multigames this
weekend. Hopefully I'll get a shot at the ST boards this week and get
everything shipped Friday.)