RE: Atari CAT Box

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 17:04:54 EDT

At 11:27 AM 8/9/99 -0700, you wrote:
>"Is a CAT box really worth over a grand?!?!"
>
>I don't think so.
>It can be used as a signature analyzer. Used HP5004's are easy to find
>for under $100 (even on eBay)
>It can also do limited RAM/ROM testing and peeking/poking at memory
>(I assume the Z80 pod lets you to Z80 I/O ops too)
>
>You can do this with a Fluke 9010, or an in-circuit emulator. If the
>'arcade ice' guy in England ever finishes his design, you'd be able
>to do similar things with that.

I made up a circuit board for Chris Toseland 1st 'arcade ice' and had
a run of 4 boards done by expresspcb.com. My artwork was missing
one wire which wasn't on the schematic but with that added works fine.

I sent one to him as kind of a shareware payment and he tested it for
me. He said it worked fine and repaired a Scramble with it.
It's Z80 only though.

-Chris M.

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com