Re: My First 6100 / Problems

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 16:37:34 EDT

> When I got my Tempest, the picture was only appearing in the upper left
> corner of the screen and it would come and go. I figured "Deflection
> Transistors". Ordered a kit from Bob Roberts. Now I have the top half
> of the screen, but the bottom of the screen is being drawn in the
> middle. I checked that all of the transistors are not shorted and I
> used new mica and grease. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Check the negative swing of the OP-AMP network on the output drive of the
Y vector on the PCB. I had this exact problem with a Tempest I worked on
and it turned out to be two opamps that went bad. Make sure you replace
BOTH of them - not just one, because a malfunctioning one will screw up
the second.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. 9 Out of 10 men who have tried camels prefer women.
ICQ # 29402898 Cigarette smokers are drug addicts. Treat them as such.