Re: My First 6100 / Problems

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 17:08:16 EDT

Probably not this, I tested the monitor on my Star Wars and it had the exact same
problem. But thanks!

-Al-

Neil Bradley wrote:

> > When I got my Tempest, the picture was only appearing in the upper left
> > corner of the screen and it would come and go. I figured "Deflection
> > Transistors". Ordered a kit from Bob Roberts. Now I have the top half
> > of the screen, but the bottom of the screen is being drawn in the
> > middle. I checked that all of the transistors are not shorted and I
> > used new mica and grease. Can anyone offer some suggestions?
>
> Check the negative swing of the OP-AMP network on the output drive of the
> Y vector on the PCB. I had this exact problem with a Tempest I worked on
> and it turned out to be two opamps that went bad. Make sure you replace
> BOTH of them - not just one, because a malfunctioning one will screw up
> the second.
>
> -->Neil

> Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
> Synthcom Systems, Inc. 9 Out of 10 men who have tried camels prefer women.
> ICQ # 29402898 Cigarette smokers are drug addicts. Treat them as such.

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                    =-
-= Learn how to install a Cap Kit in your video game's monitor and   =-
-= see a whole lot more on my web page at:                           =-
-=               http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone                  =-