Re: Help: AVG state machine (BZ / RB / Tempest)

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 12:14:11 EDT

Doesn' the VGGO line clear the HALT line via a direct flip-flop? If so, you should be able
to do a lot of this troubleshooting without the 9010A.
  The basic process of the VGGO is....
     - clear halt
     - reset the VG address bus to VGRAM,0x000
     - start executing VG code at VGRAM,0x000

Im not sure what happens if you try and assert VGGO if the VG is not
halted tho. Normally the 6502 software needs to check for this before
asserting VGGO. Maybe your VG is not halted yet (for some unknown reason)?