ARGGGGG

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 01:14:29 EDT

In the middle of what was appearing to be productive debugging of my BZ board my 6502 pod went TU. Pod-Timout attempting reset. Manual requires a second 6502 pod to trouble shoot. So anyone in the moderately Seattle area (Clay?)have a working 6502 pod that you would let me borrow for a couple of days?

On thing I noticed: the 6800 pod appears to be identical to the 6502 pod except for the processor and some strapping.

I could taste the problem in the BZ too. While doing a read of vector memory location 0 (0x2000) I was getting all low on the AMx lines except AM0 and AM1. They were toggling. When I went to check there source in the VG address selector my pod died. The correct chip select lines were set.

Was I on the right track or does the memory read circuitry have to read a section of memory and discard the rest, that's how page mode memories work right? But I wouldn't think that a 2114 was like that Hell I don't know getting over my head again.

David