Re: I did it again! was RE: Where to buy parts?

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 17:20:44 EDT

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jon Raiford wrote:

> P.S. Can we have a vote to remove the Reply-To: Vector List option? Or is it not something that can be changed?

John, (and everyone else on the list)

        Pardon my frankness, but that is a really dumb idea. Why would
you not want to reply to the vectorlist? Most traffic on this list is in
the from of:

        Post to vlist, Response to vlist, Response to vlist, etc

        Whether you reply to the person who posted a message, or you reply
to the list is entirely at YOUR control. If you reply to the list instead
of the the person it is out of your own stupidity/absent-mindedness. That
being said, I admit I have done the same thing several times, but I
recognize that it is my own absent-mindedness that caused it to happen,
and I don't blame it on the way that the list is set up.

Joe