Re: Atari State Machine PROM image

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 19:10:26 EDT

"David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech)" wrote:

> I can grab the PROM image from BZ tonight. It is socketed.
>
> Though it would be interesting to get them from all the AVG games and see if
> there are any differences.

Actually, all the games after tempest *are* the same as far as the state machine
operations are concerned. You can see the tempest prefix (136002) on all vector game
State Machine PROM's after that (except maybe star wars?).

> Man you had too much time on your hands. When I was 16 it was all C64 games
> :)

the problem was that I was computer illiterate at that point as far as software
was concerned so I had to do all my disassembly and hacking the homebrew way.

> Oh and I noticed last night that the PDF seems to be missing at least the
> halt op code. Was there a back side to that sheet?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I will have to check it out.