No Replies to Tempest tech question?

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 12:27:24 EDT

I can't believe that I didn't get ANY responses my Tempest board
questions. Could anyone give me ANY information? I really would
appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Al-

The program seems to be running, but I seem to be having problems in the
ALU / Pokey area of the Aux board.

Reason: Vectors jumbled on game grid and during much of the attract
mode. Sounds are random or just a bunch of noise. Controllers mostly
dead. Sometimes the buttons work (1/2 players, SuperZapper). Enemies
and player cursor look OK.

Question 1: Should rearranging the ALU chips produce different problems
on the screen or is it all one big matrix and that won't make a
difference? I tried cleaning / moving the chips around, but the results
are the same.

Question 2: Is there a chip / component that controls both Pokeys and
ALU?

Question 3: Has anyone seen these symptoms before?

Before you ask, Resoldered interboard connector pins (removed old
solder, replaced with new) on both boards.

Thanks for reading,

-Al-