Re: Repairing Audio Reg IIs

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 01:12:50 EDT

Hi Al!

The circuit that I have seen used favorably (like when a hard short
develops in the pass transistor) is the one used by Gottlieb in their
pinball games. As simple little circuit, using a SCR, zener diode, a couple
of resistors and a bypass cap.
This can handle quite high currents, the SCR is a C106B. If anyone wants
the circuit I'll post it on my page or email it, a tiny jpeg of it should
be about 5 or so K in size.

  http://www.flippers.com