RE: Quantum cpo?

From: Ozdemir, Steven S, GOVMK <sozdemir_at_att.com>
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 10:44:51 EDT

G'day folks,

Perhaps I was inspired by the Quantum control panel discussion, but I
finally got around to wiring up my custom made Quantum control panel this
weekend. It attaches to my Space Duel cabinet and uses the cabinet wiring
(plus a translator board just before the signals arrive at the PCB).

My problem is the display is flipped right to left, so when I pull the track
ball to the left my guy goes to the right! I could swap the horizontal CLK
and DIR, but the text and scores are difficult to read backwards.

Also because I use this cabinet to play Space Duel, so I can't swap the yoke
inputs.

Two possible solutions that I've come up with are swapping XGND and XOUT,
but something tells me that would be a bad idea? Another possible solution
comes from Tempest's vector generation section of the schematics where a
single inverter in the first stage flipped the screen for cocktail play. I
may have the location of the INV signal wrong...I experimented with this a
while back with no success.

Any comments welcome and appreciated!

                Steve Ozdemir
                sozdemir@att.com

ps - Does Quantum have a free play mode/dipswitch? I don't have a manual to
check.