Restoration FAQ

From: Matthew Gibson <mgibson_at_nextdim.com>
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 00:55:24 EDT

One thing to keep in mind with all of this discussion on cabinet restoration is the issue of screened/painted side-art. In the case of Defender and Stargate, it's simpler as one could obtain stencils to repaint the art. With Star Wars, however, it's an entirely different story; how do you repair the scratches? What paint is used? How do you go about matching color? Etc.

Believe me, I'm speaking from experience and must make the scary decision soon on my Star Wars so I can get my garage back! Looking forward to seeing the final product!

MG