Re: Swapping CRTs

From: Joel Rosenzweig <Joel_Rosenzweig_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 17:38:02 EDT

Mark,

When I grafted a 19VLxx22 to my Amplifone, I ran into exactly the same
problem until I realized that I had rotated the neck socket exactly 1 pin.
Doh. Apparently, I somehow managed to dislodge the plastic pin guide on the
neck, and when I put it back on, I was off by one pin. I had a screen that
looked just like yours.

When I figured out what I did, all was well. The tube functioned normally
afterwards. Longterm effects, unknown. :-)

So, consider rotating your neck socket 1 pin in either direction and see
what happens. Have fire extinguisher handy. :-)

Joel-