Re: Nudge Nudge

From: Paul_Labuda <paull_at_buckwheat-f0.us.dell.com>
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 17:40:01 EDT

I was joking with Joe the other day about starting up rasterlist. I might
do it, just to see what happens, but I'm afraid that the highly technical
nature of the vectorlist has a lot to do with the dedication required to
keep vector games up and running. I have these nightmare visions of
questions about special moves on Mortal Fighter 15 followed by eBay posts
for junk. There is a strong need for a list similar to vectorlist, but
covering raster games, but there are several dicey issues to work out.

I'm was thinking about subscribing the entire vectorlist to the new group,
and letting folks unsubscribe if they weren't interested. I have my
doubts, however, that it could maintain vectorlist's quite high
signal-to-noise ratio. I've been on other lists that weren't
vector-specific, and they were as bad as I'm afraid rasterlist would be.
If you have any comments for or against the concept of a rasterlist, please
let me know via private e-mail. I realize that this topic is germane to
vectorlist in some ways, but since it's not vector-related, I don't want to
further degrade vectorlist by discussing it here.

Please send any responses to this message to me at labuda@dell.com . Remember, a simple "Reply to sender" will go to the whole list. ;-)

- Paul