Re: BattleZone monitor centering

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 23:01:14 EDT

Looking at these Red Baron schems that I still have sitting out here it looks
like the centering components were not loaded into the PCB. They can be added if
you want to put them in on the PCB. they are...
  X Center: R100 - 220K
                C102 - .1uf
                R101 - 50K linear pot
  Y Center: R90 - 220K
                C101 - .1uf
                 R91 - 50K linear pot

Don't the monitors have centering adjustments as well? These would work fine as
well if you deflection PCB has them.

From what I remember, getting the screen on BZ set up so that it is full size
and adjusted right for the radar is a fine art. You basically have to mess
around with all the centering and size pots (game PCB and Monitor) until it
'fits'. Just to be sure you aren't 'fighting' adjustments, I would set all to
center and then go from there on a clean slate. Sometimes if the monitor size is
cranked down really low, then you have to crank up the game PCB size to get a
decent picture and that can give strange linearity problems.