Re: BattleZone monitor centering

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 10:38:18 EDT

"Christopher X. Candreva" wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Dave Downin wrote:
>
> > 5) SLOWLY turn the brightness up until a small dot appears
>
> This makes me very nervous. Isn't the spot killer supposed to PREVENT this ?

Because Atari games draw all their vectors refereced from the center of the screen,
the beam is in the center *alot*. Therefore, the center will always have a slightly
brighter than black 'dot'.
  The spot killer only kicks in when the beam sits in the center of the screen for
an extended length of time.