Re: BattleZone monitor centering

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 13:14:31 EDT

On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:59:26 -0500, you wrote:

>Keep in mind that it takes a long time for burn-in to become noticable. I would doubt that even if the beam was centered in the middle of the screen at high intensity for even a day or so would be noticable.
>
>Any statistical details would be interesting to see relating to burn-in.

Burn in can happen in a matter of seconds! When I was new to vector
monitors I was playing with the brightness on a Tempest and wasn't
really watching the screen carefully. Trust me, you can take out the
center pixels on a Tempest in less than a second if your not careful
-- oh well, those center dots aren't used all that much in Tempest
anyways!

-Zonn