BattleZone HV diode to capoot

From: <oren.m.williams_at_exgate.tek.com>
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 15:13:27 EDT

Dear vectorlistors,
After months of needing to replace the HV diode(thanks to tips from this
list) in my BZ, the monitor stopped lighting. Once, just a month to six
weeks ago, the machine did turn on and play, but subsequent attempts to turn
the machine have failed to light the monitor.

Is this a common path of breakdown? Does a worn HV diode eventually lead to
full break down? My screen used to bloom, but now it's dead. Could it be
that the HV replacement will cure its ills? I'm not familiar with the
circuit and haven't pulled the on-line schematics.

I hope to get this machine running tip-top soon.

thanks for any help,
oren.m.williams@tek.com