Re: Omega Race Question

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 03:04:36 EDT

OK - I may still need some more help on this lousy board. >:|

1) I fixed the logic part - so the game actually plays

2) I fixed the sound

3) I'm getting a full Y output on my *scope* but I can't figure out why
the left (X half) of the screen is missing. The TL08x op amps on the x
side are getting proper voltages and the inputs and outputs look like
they've got a good signal. As I go further back into the circuit I'm not
seeing anything that stands out as a bad signals. Is there anything I
should be suspicious of when the left have is missing?

The other thing is - I've actually hooked this board up to a working G05
monitor and the output looks just like on the scope - meaning, all the
retrace lines are there, but I can see that the correct shapes are in
there. I'm actually amazed the watchdog circuit allowed such bad signals
through.

So... 2 questions

1) I've traced back as far as the DAC. Do I need to go further? Or
should I suspect the DAC? It's an AD561J

2) Should I suspect the Z blanking circuit?

Hopefully I made some sense.....

Thanks!!!

Matt