Re: Converting Star Castle to Armor Attack

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 14:15:10 EDT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:45:39 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Ay...I mean game ROMS, not PROMS...sorry about the confusion there...the
>PROMS are for vector drawing information that's universal between all Cine
>games...again, sorry about that misinformation. The game ROMS though may
>have some differences. I remember reading in Zonn's document that some
>ROMs may have inverted outputs or the address bus of some ROMs may expect
>the address to be inverted?

There are different types of ROMs that can be used, but standard 2716s
and 2732s will work. (Some of the masked ROMs had their select lines
inverted which meant ROMs at the same address as their 27xx EPROM
counterparts, had to be plugged into different sockets, but nothing on
the board changed. -- This is mostly a problem when trying to dump the
ROMs using an EPROM burner.)

>As for other issues...
>I think the mod that is necessary is for intensity. Isn't Star Castle
>something like 16 levels of vector intenstiy while Armor Attack is 64?

Star Castle and Armor Attack are both only two intensity level games.

The only multi-intensity, B&W, games were Solar Quest at 64 levels,
and Sundance at 16 levels.

-Zonn