Re: Quantum trackball

From: Joel Rosenzweig <Joel_Rosenzweig_at_hp.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 17:00:06 EDT

Steve,

If you are interested, you can place a 5K pot in line with the Y out signal
before it goes to the monitor. If you hook the signal to one end, ground to
the other, and the monitor Y input to the wiper arm, you'll have an
infinitely adjustable Y output from width zero to your boards max
deflection. That is, you'll be able to see your beloved Quantum's score and
credits display.

I used to do this to Star Wars when I had it setup on my work bench so that
I could play it on my oscilloscope. I had a broken scope at the time that
did not allow me to finely adjust the voltage range, so the pots did just
the trick.

>Playing Quantum on my horizontal Space Duel XY monitor required that I
>switch X and Y on that PCB adapter. Unfortunately, the YSIZE pot won't
>shrink the image enough to show both the score at the top of the screen and
>the credits at the bottom of the screen. I did end up cutting the XINVERT
>trace (before 10E) going to the vector section and tying it to +5V with a
1K
>resistor to fix the reversed screen.

Good luck,
Joel-