Re: Starwars movable cabinet?!

From: Miranda K. Collins <miranda_at_dusk.org>
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 05:44:23 EDT

I played one of those many, many years ago. I don't think it is a
prototype, I think it was just some company stripped out Star Wars
cabinets and put everything into their custom motion bases. It's
certainly not one-of-a-kind since there were at least three of them right
next to each other when I played it.

I don't recall the motion feeling all that much like it corresponded with
the game...probably because the stars in the tie-fighter levels have
nothing to do with where you move the controller, and also when you got
hit and knocked off course the motion base didn't know it.

In my opinion, this is nothing to get excited over. I would much rather
have a real cockpit Starwars with a 25" monitor.

Miranda