Sig. analysis on Atari 6502 boards

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Sun Sep 19 1999 - 22:50:37 EDT

I have some Kurz Kasch instructions for doing signature analysis on Atari
6502 boards.

Step #2 says "Plug in 6502-A (Atari) NOP into socket with the textool
locking handle at the pin 1 location".

- you then put the cpu into the socket and close the locking handle.

- the signature analyser is connected by hooking clock to pin 37, start
and stop to pin 25 and ground to pin 21.

My question is - how would you go about making a 6502-A NOP? Can you do
this by just grounding certain pins on the cpu socket or is it more
involved? Would this set up work for comparing signatures in most of the
Atari manuals or do you actually need to use the CAT box?

Just wondering...

Matt