Re: Space Wars Power Supply

From: Mike Patterson <mike_at_col.hp.com>
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 23:55:36 EDT

>You need +5VDC at around 10 amps, and +20/-20VDC. What croaked in the
>supply? You can sub the +5 with a switching supply.

The monitor isn't getting power. From what I read of schematics people
handed me, I need +26. is +20 good enough, or are my schematics bad?

I suspect I'm not getting +5 as well, but haven't messed with it yet.

Also, the schematics I got won't really be much help in putting in a
new "custom" supply, as I can't find any mapping of the pins on the
schematic that match those coming out of the P.S.

>John :-#)#
>
>At 01:47 PM 9/21/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>My Space Wars power supply has gone bad.
>>
>>Does anyone have a replacement, or can someone suggest where I could get one?

From the best I can figure, this game uses some really odd voltages.