TECH: 13 inch Amplifone! HELP!!

From: <Thomas43_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 04:55:49 EDT

I finally picked up a PAT 9000 a couple weeks ago. Everything seems to work
great, except the 13 inch color X-Y monitor.

I don't have any information on the monitor, so I am hoping that someone has
a schematic, or has a monitor they can look at and help me debug my problem.

Basically, the monitor is too bright. All of the vectors are connected and
there is always a bright spot in the center. I have already adjusted the
screen control on the new Wintron and contrast control on the neckboard.
There is no change at all. It's always too bright.

I adjusted the voltages with my HV probe, and still no change. The board has
been modifed, and I'm not sure what the changes accomplish. The red, green
and blue wires from the 15 pin molex, are not connected to any circuit. The
seem like they are supposed to connect at connector J2 , but upon further
inspection- The traces at J2 go no where. The three corresponding ground
wires are cut off and make no connection either.

X in and Y in's are connected, and I guess that is what is generating the
picture I am getting. Basically a B&W signal.

Should the RGB inputs go somewhere? Is there a connector or piece I am
missing? There is a 6 pin molex on the nextboard that is not used? Is there
some type of control that goes here? Is there a remote control board, like
on a k7000? There has to be a way to control the RGB levels and to reduce the
brightness? Is there something in the actual PAT 9000 unit that controls
this? (The contrast and brightness controls described in the manual, are
designed for the raster monitor and not the X-Y)

I have an extra Deflection/HV board and it has the exact same modifications,
and exhibits the exact same symptoms.

Help!!