Re: TECH: 13 inch Amplifone! HELP!!

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 10:22:10 EDT

> been modifed, and I'm not sure what the changes accomplish. The red, green
> and blue wires from the 15 pin molex, are not connected to any circuit. The
> seem like they are supposed to connect at connector J2 , but upon further
> inspection- The traces at J2 go no where. The three corresponding ground
> wires are cut off and make no connection either.
>
> X in and Y in's are connected, and I guess that is what is generating the
> picture I am getting. Basically a B&W signal.

What you're getting is not a B&W signal, but no signal at all and it's
showing up as white. Those RGB wires MUST go somewhere for any color
information (or even OFF information it seems) to function. I wouldn't
even operate the monitor until you figure out what's missing, but I've never
seen one of these, so I can't comment further.

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.