Re: Vector programming

From: Josh McCormick <jmccorm_at_galstar.com>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 12:40:08 EDT

> Have you thought of using a standard CVS system ? (The kind of things the
> various GNU projects use to check-in and check-out parts of code that are
> being worked on).

I'm familiar with the basic idea of CVS, but I haven't used it before. How
granular of an item can you check out? Is it at the file level, or can you
check out a specific section of a file? (If it is at the file level, I
could break down the assembler into 1K segments or so.)

But then I have to wonder if CVS is a bit of overkill, since we're just
modifying or attaching comments to lines of code and not changing the code
itself. The "step on your toes" aspect isn't there as much as, say, a
large programming project would be.

Hmmmmm. Your thoughts?