Re: Vector programming

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 13:38:55 EDT

Paul Kahler wrote:
> The real question is this:
> Why those activities instead of creating a new game on current hardware?

I think that initially, it takes *hacking* to get some people involved. I only
learned assembly language because of hacking and not from any type of institutional
education. Once people are hooked, then there may be a better chance of a new game
being created. But I think it takes that initial curiosity of 'what makes this thing
tick?'.
  Plus, for us uneducated code manglers, it is good to see existing programming styles.
 :-)